Strategies to Stay on Schedule for Commercial Construction
When it comes to construction management, scheduling is important for many reasons. When approached with skill and thoroughness, effective scheduling can shorten construction durations and reduce project costs.
So, what is the key to staying on schedule when completing a commercial construction project? One major factor is being on the same page with everyone involved. Here are other key strategies for completing commercial construction or renovation projects on schedule:
- Establish a realistic finish date: When it comes to commercial construction, the finish date is an important factor for owners or renters, and may form the basis of personal, business and financial decisions. Unfortunately, some clients may not realize the complexities of their project and have unrealistic expectations about their project’s finish date. This is why we work with our clients to establish a realistic finish date. This is a vital step in managing expectations and helping the client achieve success with their project.
- Have a thorough plan: Developing a thorough plan for the project is essential. The pre-construction phase lays the foundation the rest of the project will depend upon, so it’s best to have everything well-thought-out and avoid making changes wherever and whenever possible. By determining the details of the project that bring the commercial construction job together, your project is more likely to achieve your desired results while staying within your budget and timeline.
- Be flexible: If for some reason the project must deviate from the original plans, new decisions must be made quickly to adapt. These new decisions can only be made efficiently and effectively when the client and contractor both have the same understanding.
- Maintain strong communication: Good communication is always key. Strong communication between the client and contractor keeps all parties on the same page during the commercial construction process. Remaining in close contact throughout the project will help facilitate changes and keep the overall project on track.
- Work with the right commercial construction company: Many clients rely on the experience and expertise of the general contractor to complete the build outs and renovations successfully. You can expect a contractor to work faster and with fewer hiccups on projects within their specific field of knowledge, such as restaurant projects or gym renovations. So, find the contractor with the appropriate background to support your project.
Rely on Clay Construction for Your Commercial Construction Project
Construction schedules are also a vital tool used by Clay Construction to ensure projects are successful and remain within budget. Our experience in the commercial construction sector ensures that we are able to prepare accurate and flexible project schedules.
As a premier commercial construction company, Clay Construction is proud to provide interior and exterior services in the Metro DC Area. We have an impeccable track record, an impressive portfolio, and an experienced team that is ready to tackle your next big project. Our results speak for themselves, and we’re proud of the work we continue to produce for our clients.
Do you want to discuss your project with a member of our team? Contact us today!