5 Ways to Maximize Your Commercial Space’s Potential
Commercial space design has a big impact the way people interact with your business. When you maximize your space’s potential, you can increase engagement, efficiency, sales, and more. But, as business needs vary on a case-by-case basis, it can be risky to just copy others who have had success with their design. That’s where an experienced commercial general contractor like Clay Construction comes in– we have the critical knowledge to help you make the most of your commercial space.
There are several important factors to consider when planning and executing a commercial construction project, in order to make the best use of your space. Below this list we go into detail on each value maximizing technique:
- Consider Classic Finishes and Utilize Company Branding When Determining Design: The first thing visitors notice is whether or not a commercial interior looks dated or in-line with current trends. However, following trends too closely can be dangerous because they change often. Using classic finishes is typically the safest bet to ensure that the space will look fresh for years to come. Consider utilizing your brand colors in innovative ways, as unique design features can help increase brand awareness.
- Make Staff and Customers Comfortable: Selecting features that make people feel at home will make customers want to stay longer and return more often. Ergonomics is a very important factor to consider because the comfort of your space will impact productivity of workers and the likelihood that visitors will be able to relax and feel good.
- Match Layout with Company Needs: Depending on the type of business, ensure that you designate areas that keep people divided and create personal space, or spaces that promote community and collaboration. The layout design can help with noise control and flow of traffic.
- Make it Adaptable: A safe way to ensure that the space is versatile is to build adaptability into the layout. You might consider implementing temporary walls or other features that can easily be changed as the business grows.
- Seek For Balance: Architectural features can help create balance in the space. Use walls or furniture to create “zones”, enhance the space’s sense of motion, or add to its visual interest. The visual look and feel is just as important as the spatial balance. Where there are dark elements there must be light/bright features to offset them, and where there is detail there must also be simple areas to allow viewers’ eyes to rest.
- Hire a Professional Design-Build Team: It’s clear that a lot goes into making sure that you are getting the most out of a commercial space. It’s common to feel overwhelmed by the large amount of factors there are to think about when planning a business remodel or new-build. That’s why it is smart to hire a general contractor that does this work every day. At Clay Construction, we not only build out your vision to your exact specifications, but we work with architects and engineers from the early stages of your planning in order to come up with the best and most cost-effective design solutions.
Work with Clay Construction
Ready to maximize your commercial space’s potential? As a premier commercial construction company, Clay Construction is proud to provide interior and exterior services in the Metro DC Area. We have an impeccable track record, an impressive portfolio, and an experienced team that is ready to tackle your next big project. Our results speak for themselves, and we’re proud of the work we continue to produce for our clients.
Do you want to discuss your project with a member of our team? Contact us today!